Re: Compressed binary field

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: Compressed binary field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 11/09/2012 14:59, Kevin Grittner escreveu:
> Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Could you show the results of this query?:
>>>
>>> SELECT relkind, oid, relfilenode, reltoastrelid,
>>>          relpages, reltuples
>>>     FROM pg_class
>>>     ORDER BY relpages DESC
>>>     LIMIT 10;
>
>> [biggest relation was a table heap with 29321 pages]
>
>>> Also, just to be sure that all calculations are based on your
>>> actual build, can you show the results of?:
>>>
>>> SHOW block_size;
>> 8192
>
> So your biggest table is actually 229 MB.  Something is not adding
> up.  I can't see any way to reconcile your previous statements with
> this number.  There also hasn't been any real explanation for the
> statement that you have 250000 files.  There must be something which
> matters here which hasn't yet been mentioned.  Any ideas?
>
> -Kevin
I don't know why, look result of the following query (arquivo is the
bytea field):

select count(*) from notafiscalarq where arquivo is not null;
  count
--------
  715084

Strange, huh?

Edson.

От: David Johnston
Сообщение: Re: Why is my view making my disk churn? (iostat)
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Performance issue with cross table updates