Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Linreg <linreg@gmx.net> wrote:
>> That's very unlikely to be accepted - we intentionally use the
>
>> maintenance database for that, rather than forcing the user to use a
>
>> different one.
>

> I regard the postgres database as a system-table-database, not as a
> maintenance database. Is this a wrong reflection?

Yes. It was specifically added for that purpose (I can say that with
authority - I wrote the patch)!

> And would you prefer user postgres as standard pgAgent-user?
>
> I think an normal user is better. Better for give explicit access rights

The current code allows you to use whatever user you like, though
"postgres" is the default. That should not be changed.

> When i have adapted the source code. How and Where do I deploy it.

Send a patch against git head to this list, and one of us will review
it, and provide feedback until it's in a state that we're happy to
commit.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Linreg
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent: I want to make a port to C++ Only
От: Neel Patel
Сообщение: Fixed pgAdmin crash issue