Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Quick search for menu items & help articles
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 4:48 PM Pramod Ahire <pramod.ahire@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Hi Team,

Please find the attached designs & patch that contains complete functionality except below to do for quick search.

To Do:

  • Unit test cases are not that sufficient to cover complete code, but will be working in background to cover up those one
  • In pgadmin, for disabled menu items we need to add info that will describe why menu has disabled & how it will be enabled. Either another way to enable all of them & show respective reason in popup that menu is disabled for.

Please do let me know if I missed anything or suggestion of yours.

Looks very good. I haven't done an extensive code review/test, but two things spring to mind immediately:

1) I think the search box should be the top item on the Help menu. I do not think it should be on the far end of the menu bar, as it looks too much like it will search for data (think of search on a website).

2) Do we need another loading icon? Surely there's one in the source tree already that we can use?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM 5457 - Kerberos Authentication - Phase 1
От: "Huang, Jun"
Сообщение: RE: Is there a mistake in line 22 of Make.bat?