Re: vacuum is time consuming

От Atul Kumar
Тема Re: vacuum is time consuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok Martin, I got ur ur point of max limit of maintenance_work_mem is 1 GB but there is nothing mentioned about the same in postgresql.conf as remarks for this specific parameter.

Is there any other option to increase the speed of vacuum?

Regards
Atul

On Tuesday, February 2, 2021, Martín Marqués <martin.marques@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Atul,

> We have DB of 400GBs, Server RAM is 160GBs. CPU consumption is 1-3%  only.
>
> We have  configured maintenance_work_mem to 10GBs and restarted the
> postgres service.

Just wanted to mention that maintenance_work_mem has a hardcoded upper
limit threshold of 1GB, so any size bigger than that to
maintenance_work_mem or autovacuum_maintenance_work_mem will leave it
effectively at 1GB.

There have been a few attempts the past few years on lifting that restriction.

> We have done upgrade from postgres 9.5 to 9.6, then when we run vacuum
> analyze on database, it is taking more than 5 hours and still running.
>
> Any suggestions for making the process(vacuum analyze) faster are welcome.

Yes, upgrade to PG13.

Kind regards, Martin,

--
Martín Marqués
It’s not that I have something to hide,

От: Ian Lawrence Barwick
Сообщение: Re: Issues with using plpgsql debugger using PG13 on Centos 7
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: vacuum is time consuming