Re: vacuum is time consuming

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: vacuum is time consuming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Atul,

> We have DB of 400GBs, Server RAM is 160GBs. CPU consumption is 1-3%  only.
>
> We have  configured maintenance_work_mem to 10GBs and restarted the
> postgres service.

Just wanted to mention that maintenance_work_mem has a hardcoded upper
limit threshold of 1GB, so any size bigger than that to
maintenance_work_mem or autovacuum_maintenance_work_mem will leave it
effectively at 1GB.

There have been a few attempts the past few years on lifting that restriction.

> We have done upgrade from postgres 9.5 to 9.6, then when we run vacuum
> analyze on database, it is taking more than 5 hours and still running.
>
> Any suggestions for making the process(vacuum analyze) faster are welcome.

Yes, upgrade to PG13.

Kind regards, Martin,

--
Martín Marqués
It’s not that I have something to hide,

От: Andrus
Сообщение: Re: permission denied for large object 200936761
От: Andrus
Сообщение: Re: permission denied for large object 200936761