Re: Linux Downloads page change

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Linux Downloads page change
Дата
Re: Linux Downloads page change
Список pgsql-www
On 9 July 2012 12:21, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 9 July 2012 10:44, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>>> It gets pushed periodically when I remember to do it (or someone
>>> reminds me), which I guess you've forgotten given that we've had this
>>> exact same discussion before.
>>
>> That highlights a key flaw.
>>
>> If we distribute RPMs then the SRPMs should exactly match. If they
>> don't, that's a pretty serious set of bugs we're introducing.
>>
>> Can I suggest that the process be changed? Push the SRPM code, then
>> generate RPMs from the released SRPM code. That way there is no
>> opportunity to forget anything. This is a substantial security
>> concern, not just a forgotten task.
>>
>> Perhaps it would be useful to have a "build farm" that builds the RPMs
>> from SRPMs automatically, then we will have no need for manually
>> updating the RPMs at all. (And I mean build all binaries from publicly
>> available build scripts).
>
> We're not talking about RPMs here.

I am discussing the relationship of SRPMs and RPMs, which is a valid
point on this thread given the point that the RPMs and SRPMs have been
mismatched for some time and that the current process calls for manual
rather than automatic synchronisation.

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change