Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15

От Francisco Olarte
Тема Re: Memory issues with PostgreSQL 15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Christian:

On Tue, 28 May 2024 at 18:40, Christian Schröder
<christian.schroeder@wsd.com> wrote:

> <2024-05-21 11:34:46 CEST - mailprocessor> ERROR:  could not resize shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.2448337832" to
182656bytes: No space left on device

This hints at some shm function getting an ENOSPC: Coupled with...

> I thought this could all be related to our "shared_buffers" setting, so I increased it to 8 GB. This almost
immediately(after a few minutes) gave me these errors:

A faster fail when increasing it I would start by checking your IPC
shared memory limits are ok, especially if you upgraded something in
the OS when going from 9 to 15, which seems likely.

IIRC in linux you can read them in /proc/sys/kernel/shm*, and they
were configured via sysctl.

Francisco Olarte.

От: Kashif Zeeshan
Сообщение: Re: Pgpool with high availability
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Pgpool with high availability