Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password

От ramsiddu007
Тема Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hey Sarwar,

Thanks for reaching out. If you want to schedule a job from your Windows laptop without entering the password, you can use the pgpass.conf file. This file allows you to manage passwords for PostgreSQL connections.

Here's how you can do it:

1. Open the pgpass.conf file in a text editor.

2. Add a new line in the format: hostname:port:database:username:password or hostname:port:*:username:password

3. Save the file.

After setting up the pgpass.conf file (like C:\Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\pgpass.conf), you should be able to schedule the job without entering the password.

Thank you!

Best Regards:
Ramanna Gunde

Don't complain about the HEATPLANT A Tree

On Sat, 21 Oct 2023 at 20:41, M Sarwar <sarwarmd02@outlook.com> wrote:
Hello,
Environment:-
Database Postgres 13.7 is running from AWS RDS.
I am trying to run pg_dump from my Windows laptop which has got pgAdmin installed on it.
When I installed pgAdmin, it has pg_dump on the client side.
Now I am trying to make backup using pg_dump from my laptop. I am trying to run as Windows job from the laptop.
I need to schedule the job without entering the password.
I am going to look into scheduling job thru aws which is later and not right now.
Can you please help me in scheduling thru Windows from my laptop without entering the password?
I am having issues with entering the password while running this job.
Thanks,
Sarwar

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: Need to run pg_dump from the laptop without entering the password
От: Murthy Nunna
Сообщение: autovacuum query