Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro

От Amul Sul
Тема Re: retire MemoryContextResetAndDeleteChildren backwards compatibility macro
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 9:26 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 09:27:18AM +0530, Amul Sul wrote:
> Nevermind, I usually use git apply or git am, here are those errors:
>
> PG/ - (master) $ git apply ~/Downloads/retire_compatibility_macro_v1.patch
> error: patch failed: src/backend/access/brin/brin.c:297
> error: src/backend/access/brin/brin.c: patch does not apply

I wonder if your mail client is modifying the patch.  Do you have the same
issue if you download it from the archives?

Yes, you are correct. Surprisingly, the archive version applied cleanly.

Gmail is doing something, I usually use web login on chrome browser,  I never
faced such issues with other's patches.  Anyway, will try both the versions next
time for the same kind of issue, sorry for the noise.

Regards,
Amul

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches