Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression

От Amul Sul
Тема Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression
Дата
Re: ALTER COLUMN ... SET EXPRESSION to alter stored generated column's expression  (Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 8:21 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
On 25.10.23 08:12, Amul Sul wrote:
> Here is the rebase version for the latest master head(673a17e3120).
>
> I haven't done any other changes related to the ON UPDATE trigger since that
> seems non-trivial; need a bit of work to add trigger support in
> ATRewriteTable().
> Also, I am not sure yet, if we were doing these changes, and the correct
> direction
> for that.

I did some detailed testing on Db2, Oracle, and MariaDB (the three
existing implementations of this feature that I'm tracking), and none of
them fire any row or statement triggers when the respective statement to
alter the generation expression is run.  So I'm withdrawing my comment
that this should fire triggers.  (I suppose event triggers are available
if anyone really needs the functionality.)

Thank you for the confirmation.

Here is the updated version patch. Did minor changes to documents and tests.

Regards,
Amul

От: "Zakhlystov, Daniil (Nebius)"
Сообщение: Re: Force the old transactions logs cleanup even if checkpoint is skipped
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: Infinite Interval