Re: pgsql: Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions

От David Rowley
Тема Re: pgsql: Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, 8 Aug 2023 at 01:02, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> David Rowley <drowley@postgresql.org> writes:
> > Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions
>
> Is this really something to be pushing into stable branches less than
> 12 hours before a release wrap?  We don't normally take such risks
> for anything but security patches, which this isn't.  There will not,
> for example, be time for full buildfarm coverage.

My apologies. I had been under the impression that the go-no window
was between stamp and tag and *that* was the window that was used for
a buildfarm cycle. It sounds like it's not quite as black and white as
that.  I'm not aware of any documentation which gives guidance on
this.

I'm only aware of:
* https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Release_process
* https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Committing_checklist

Is there somewhere else I should look? or is this something that can
maybe be improved?

(I'm assuming backing the patch out now won't improve the situation,
but please correct me if you think I'm wrong on that)

Thanks

David

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Stamp 11.21.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Don't Memoize lateral joins with volatile join conditions