Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12

От David Rowley
Тема Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 19:52, Inzamam Shafiq
<inzamam.shafiq@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway we can create constraint on column only which are not part of partition key?

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a unique or primary key
constraint unless the constraint contains all columns from the
partition key.   This is explained in the limitations section in [1].

If you need such a constraint, then you might want to consider
changing your partition key.

David

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/ddl-partitioning.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Inzamam Shafiq
Сообщение: Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12
От: Geri Wright
Сообщение: Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12