Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12

От Geri Wright
Тема Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
You can create a Constraint trigger to check the new values of the desired columns when updating or insering them. This trigger will fire for each partition but checks the data in the entire table.  The trigger should obtain an advisory lock for the unique columns . Here is a blog for more information.

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022, 5:46 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Fri, 16 Sept 2022 at 19:52, Inzamam Shafiq
<inzamam.shafiq@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anyway we can create constraint on column only which are not part of partition key?

Unfortunately, there is no way to create a unique or primary key
constraint unless the constraint contains all columns from the
partition key.   This is explained in the limitations section in [1].

If you need such a constraint, then you might want to consider
changing your partition key.

David

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/ddl-partitioning.html

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: ON CONFLICT clause NOT working on Partition Table PostgreSQL 12
От: Peter Hendriks
Сообщение: Delete from locking ordering differences