Re: Clarification needed: create partition table can be in another schema other than that of the parent table

От David Rowley
Тема Re: Clarification needed: create partition table can be in another schema other than that of the parent table
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 14 May 2024 at 19:46, 周志勤 <joe.zhou@dualhelios.com> wrote:
> I have the following scenario:
>
> ptable sits in schema:BBB
>
> create table AAA.ptable18250w partition of BBB.ptable for values from (180000000) to (182500000);
>
> Now the ptable has a partition table: ptable18250w sits in schema AAA.
>
> Is this what we intent to do or an issue?

This is working as intended.  The behaviour is documented in [1] with
"If a schema name is given (for example, CREATE TABLE myschema.mytable
...) then the table is created in the specified schema."

David

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createtable.html

От: 周志勤
Сообщение: 回复: Clarification needed: create partition table can be in another schema other than that of the parent table
От: Kashif Zeeshan
Сообщение: Re: Clarification needed: create partition table can be in another schema other than that of the parent table