Re: Download navigation UX

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Download navigation UX
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020 at 3:15 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 7/7/20 6:02 AM, Dave Page wrote:
> Here's an updated patch (based on Jonathan's update) which combines the
> inline handler patch and removes the inline handlers from the main patch.

Looking good. One comment:

Given there's nothing dynamic about serving the new apt.js /
download.js, we don't need to serve those dynamically from the Django
app. We can just plop them into "/media/js", e.g.
"/media/js/download.js" and then this becomes:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="/media/js/download.js?{{gitrev}}"></script>

+1. And we already have a download.js there, so we should probably reuse that.

Which brings up my other point, which is let's try to make this one js and not two -- will make browser caching a lot more effective, and it's not like either of these is big enough to have ay substantial effect on download sizes (in fact, making two separate requests probably makes the downloading significantly bigger)