Re: Excessive # usage in URLs

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Excessive # usage in URLs
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 4:57 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> > * Robert Haas (robertmhaas@gmail.com) wrote:
> > > (And let me say parenthetically that the web site's insistence on
> > > adding #THE-SAME-MESSAGE-ID-THAT-IS-ALREADY-IN-THE-URL to everything
> > > is pretty annoying ... it makes the links really long for no good
> > > reason.)
> >
> > Totally agreed, this has annoyed me a number of times also.
> >
> > Magnus, others on www, anything we can do about that..?
> >

> Certainly sounds like something that's fixable. But where? I just clicked
> around a bit and I don't see it...

Flat view.

This:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABUevEw_kEPdKFqAgFJDtwxjbbNq+bcpWrTV0ekF9ei8SdcEGg@mail.gmail.com

auto-redirects to:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABUevEw_kEPdKFqAgFJDtwxjbbNq+bcpWrTV0ekF9ei8SdcEGg@mail.gmail.com#CABUevEw_kEPdKFqAgFJDtwxjbbNq+bcpWrTV0ekF9ei8SdcEGg@mail.gmail.com

What I'd like (and Robert, iiuc) is for the link to the first message in
the flat view not to have the # and to not redirect to the one with the
# when it's not there.

Make sense?

Oh, gotcha - I was missing the "/flat/" part which is what triggers it.

The point of the # is that you actually want to point to that specific message in the thread. If you just pick the first message in the thread we could exclude it, but how else would you link to a specific message?

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Excessive # usage in URLs
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Excessive # usage in URLs