Re: once more: documentation search indexing

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: once more: documentation search indexing
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 12:33 PM Michael Christofides <michael@pgmustard.com> wrote:

Looks like it's started to work already, at least with Google, at
least for me. I notice that Google now links to the version 14 docs
for certain likely-common search terms, like "create table
postgresql".

I am also now seeing the version 14 documentation for many similar searches on Google, and specifically the /current/ URL, which makes me think it is a direct result of this change. For example: "pg_stat_statements", "auto_explain", "postgres create index", and "postgres explain analyze" all now link to the /current/ URL too.

There are some that still link to old versions (again, for me, on Google), including "postgres create view" (to version 9.2), and "postgres gin index" (to version 9.1). I'm pleasantly surprised how many have already flipped though.

Thanks again to all involved!

Sadly, we do seem to have lost the ability to find old versions. Searching for example for "pg_stat_statements 9.6" for me still gives the 14 version, and the 9.6 version only in Russian off the pgpro site.

It is of course another sign that it is working -- because our 9.6 docs does say "I don't exist, go look at 14 instead", and that's what Google does.

It would've been nice if there was a way around that, but I think it's just the price we have to pay. Those that want the 9.6 docs will have to start from current and add an extra click.

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Michael Christofides
Сообщение: Re: once more: documentation search indexing
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: once more: documentation search indexing