Re: Linux Downloads page change

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Linux Downloads page change
Дата
Re: Linux Downloads page change
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>>> SRPMs
>>>
>>> Those RPMs are built using the certified binaries that the community
>>> distributes already, but simplifies installation in deeply
>>> firewalled / headless server environments.  They also allow for
>>> side-by-side installs of major versions ( pg_upgrade compatible ) and
>>> have since their inception.
>>
>> That is not an answer to my question. Why don't you distribute the SRPM?
>> How can someone make sure that the RPMs do not include some more extra
>> code?
>
> I assume the SRPM isn't provided because the binaries that are
> packaged are actually the ones that EDB build (and I wouldn't be
> surprised if they're generated with BitRock InstallBuilder, so there
> wouldn't be an SRPM anyway).

BitRock can generate RPMs these days? Neat!

> That aside though, the code must be 100% open source to be listed on
> those download pages; Scottie, where can people find the spec files,
> BitRock XML files or whatever?

While I agree with that requirement in general, we should apply it
fairly. AFAICT the latest release of the EDB installers that had
sourcecode with it was 9.0.2 - I have a hard time seeing that nothing
would've changed since... None of the changes that have been discussed
on the lists here in the past couple of months are anywhere to be
seen.. So should we remove the EDB installers from the page as well?

> Also, I took a quick look at the GIT history for the download pages,
> and as far as I can see there weren't any links to these RPMs in the
> past, so I'm not sure what has been removed exactly. Scott; can you
> point me at the commit that changed what you're referring to please?

I assume he's referring to:
the packages from OpenSCG.<
-<p><i>The multi-platform binary packages are maintained by <a
href="http://www.openscg.org">Open

from commit b282714a097f767b258e469fb80225b638864a19. They used to be
on the "generic linux" page, as well as on the "generic downloads
page". They are now only on the "generic downloads page".

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change