Re: Linux Downloads page change

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Linux Downloads page change
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-07-07 at 23:05 -0400, Scott Mead wrote:
>>
>> > That reminds me... Why do we give link to some binary RPMs, where
>> SRPMs
>> > are not available?
>>
>> Those RPMs are built using the certified binaries that the community
>> distributes already, but simplifies installation in deeply
>> firewalled / headless server environments.  They also allow for
>> side-by-side installs of major versions ( pg_upgrade compatible ) and
>> have since their inception.
>
> That is not an answer to my question. Why don't you distribute the SRPM?
> How can someone make sure that the RPMs do not include some more extra
> code?

I assume the SRPM isn't provided because the binaries that are
packaged are actually the ones that EDB build (and I wouldn't be
surprised if they're generated with BitRock InstallBuilder, so there
wouldn't be an SRPM anyway).

That aside though, the code must be 100% open source to be listed on
those download pages; Scottie, where can people find the spec files,
BitRock XML files or whatever?

Also, I took a quick look at the GIT history for the download pages,
and as far as I can see there weren't any links to these RPMs in the
past, so I'm not sure what has been removed exactly. Scott; can you
point me at the commit that changed what you're referring to please?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Linux Downloads page change