Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows

От Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Тема Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Christian Ullrich <chris@chrullrich.net> wrote:
* Stephen Frost wrote:

* Brian Crowell (brian@fluggo.com) wrote:
However, the eventual goal was to connect to this same server from a
.NET app running on Windows, and here I've run into a snag. The Npgsql
library does not support GSSAPI—it only supports SSPI, which is
nearly-but-not-enough-like the same thing to count in this situation,

Uhhh, why not?

Because the server on Linux sends AUTH_REQ_GSS, which Npgsql does not recognize.

I tried to fix it using the reverse of they one-line fix that worked in both JDBC and libpq. There, the problem was that they only supported GSSAPI and had no clue about SSPI (except libpq on Windows). The fix was to basically declare GSSAPI and SSPI to be the same. It didn't work.

In Npgsql's case, the problem is the other way around -- it only knows SSPI. While making GSSAPI the same as SSPI should work in principle, there must be some difference somewhere.

Did you make your changes in the NpgsqlState.cs file?

Also, while checking this part of the code, it seems Npgsql isn't handling the AuthenticationGSS message. It is only handling AuthenticationGSSContinue messages.

I think you could try adding the  AuthenticationGSS case to Npgsql and see if it can authenticate correctly. You could add a second switch case below the
case AuthenticationRequestType.AuthenticationSSPI and see if Npgsql can also handle the GSS authentication correctly.

I didn't write SSPI support code so I'm sorry I'm not being able to provide you with a much better explanation about this problem.

I hope it helps.

--
Christian

Regards,

Francisco Figueiredo Jr.
Npgsql Lead Developer
http://www.npgsql.org
http://gplus.to/franciscojunior
http://fxjr.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/franciscojunior

От: Jing Fan
Сообщение: Re: WITH RECURSIVE doesn't work properly for me
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: Junk date getting uploaded into date field