Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows
Дата
Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org>)
Список pgsql-general
* Stephen Frost wrote:

> * Brian Crowell (brian@fluggo.com) wrote:
>> However, the eventual goal was to connect to this same server from a
>> .NET app running on Windows, and here I've run into a snag. The Npgsql
>> library does not support GSSAPI—it only supports SSPI, which is
>> nearly-but-not-enough-like the same thing to count in this situation,
>
> Uhhh, why not?

Because the server on Linux sends AUTH_REQ_GSS, which Npgsql does not
recognize.

I tried to fix it using the reverse of they one-line fix that worked in
both JDBC and libpq. There, the problem was that they only supported
GSSAPI and had no clue about SSPI (except libpq on Windows). The fix was
to basically declare GSSAPI and SSPI to be the same. It didn't work.

In Npgsql's case, the problem is the other way around -- it only knows
SSPI. While making GSSAPI the same as SSPI should work in principle,
there must be some difference somewhere.

--
Christian

От: Merlin Moncure
Сообщение: Re: json datatype and table bloat?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: GSSAPI server side on Linux, SSPI client side on Windows