Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page

От Benjamin Scherrey
Тема Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I like the suggested text. I think it's a shame to drop the word
object, however. Despite it getting a bad name amongst the academics,
it's still very much in use and often quite useful. If someone's
searching for an object database I believe Postgres should pop up high
in the list. Why remove the term? Totally fine that it's no longer the
first term ala "object-relational".

  -- Ben Scherrey

On Mon, Jan 1, 2024 at 2:40 AM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> To move this along, here is a patch with suggested changes on just the
> homepage -- as mentioned, we'll likely need to deploy this wider, but I
> want us to feel comfortable with the language before building a full
> fledged patch. I took the suggestion of using two sentences in the first
> paragraph. I don't think the second paragraph is quite there yet, but
> this should give something to discuss.
>
> To make it easier to comment, here are the sentences below:
>
> ==quote==
> PostgreSQL is a powerful, extensible, open source relational database
> with over 35 years of active development. PostgreSQL has earned a strong
> reputation for reliability, feature robustness, and performance.
>
> PostgreSQL can be used for a wide variety of use-cases, including
> transactional and analytical workloads. PostgreSQL extensions add more
> functionality to PostgreSQL, which are used to support geospatial, time
> series, AI and vector queries, full-text search, distributed systems,
> and many more workloads.
> ==quote==
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: "Karl O. Pinc"
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
От: Akshat Jaimini
Сообщение: [INFO] Regarding bugs in Testing Harness