Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 1 Jan 2024 14:58:47 -0800
Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 1/1/24 11:44, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Dec 2023 14:40:49 -0500
> > "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
> >> I don't really follow what you're suggesting here.
> >
> > The suggestion here is to first, change the "object-relational"
> > sentence as has been discussed.  (Then, tl,dr; use a interactive
> > "word cloud") But instead of coming up with wording describing
> > functionality, workloads, etc., to simply say "PostgrSQL does lots
> > more stuff." on the home page and link that to a page with nothing
> > but keywords. The keywords can be linked to descriptions or project
> > pages, or not.
> >
> > That way nobody has to write sentences, and more importantly, nobody
> > has to maintain much when there's a new hot technology or
> > figure out what's important enough to put on the home page.  Just
> > add a new keyword to the keywords page.  (Especially labor free if
> > the keyword page is a pg wiki page.)
> >
> > To extend this idea, just a list of keywords is not engaging.
> > Categorizing the keywords by attaching one or more tags to each
> > opens up possibilities for interaction and alternate ways to view
> > the keywords.  In particular the user can find keywords by tag and
> > so keywords need not be categorized in a fixed fashion.
> > This would likely only be interesting if the keywords were linked to
> > somewhere so that after getting a relevant set of keywords
> > the reader could follow the links to find information or tools.
>
> Please no, this is just another version of word salad.

Maybe so.  Though it seems common and useful to have one
thing categorized into multiple categories.  I think
categories guide the inquisitive.

But this is all useless hand-waving, at least for me, because
I'm not volunteering to do the work.  Apologies if I've taken
too much of your time.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page
От: Benjamin Scherrey
Сообщение: Re: Describing Postgres as "object-relational" on the home page