Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner

От Masahiko Sawada
Тема Re: running logical replication as the subscription owner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 1:12 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 7:38 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do we want the initial sync to also respect 'run_as_owner' option? I
> > might be missing something but I don't see anything in the docs about
> > initial sync interaction with this option. In the commit a2ab9c06ea,
> > we did the permission checking during the initial sync so I thought we
> > should do it here as well.
>
> It definitely should work that way. lf it doesn't, that's a bug.

After some tests, it seems that the initial sync worker respects
'run_as_owner' during catching up but not during COPYing.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
От: "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)"
Сообщение: RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)