Re: Problem with archives -- mail gets lost

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Problem with archives -- mail gets lost
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> That link works fine for me.
>
> Is there any chance that you actually tried navigating to that link *before*
> the mail actually showed up on the list in your second page? It's normal
> with a short delay (usually seconds) after the email gets to majordomo
> before it's in the archives. At that point it should not be visible on
> either of those two links, but if you hit the first link it would cache the
> 404 response for a while. Once the email arrived, the second link would be
> refreshed but not the first once (since at the time you got to the first
> link initially, we did not know which thread to expire, as we had not seen
> the mail yet).
>
> Could that be the explanation?

Yes, it could be. It was not seconds, but it was certainly minutes.
And yes, the link works now, although I still saw a 404 well after an
hour of the post being sent.

The thing about this series of actions is that it's kind of natural.
For example, if I post a new patch into the commitfest app, I still
paste in the message-id. I probably also click the link quickly, out
of habit. This is the first time I've seen this problem, though.

--
Regards,
Peter Geoghegan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Amir Rohan
Сообщение: PATCH: Add "mail me this message" feature to archive viewer
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Archives reverse attachment order?