Re: Query regarding Infinite Cache

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Query regarding Infinite Cache
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Mamatha,

On 4 August 2011 13:11,  <Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@dell.com> wrote:
> I am basically an Oracle user and now I am exploring PostgreSQL. I have
> successfully configured the server. Now if I want to access that server from
> my machine, what is the process?? Is it like Oracle where I will have to
> install the client or the concept is entirely different? Please help me in
> setting up a client access on my machine(different from server machine)
> using Psql for instance.

These sorts of questions are generally better handled by the
pgsql-general mailing list.

However, you'll have to:

1) Make a pg_hba.conf entry for the machine you'll be connecting from.

2) Set listen_addresses to listen on some IP or '*', rather than just
on localhost.

3) Possibly make a new firewall rule.

I hope that helps

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Query regarding Infinite Cache
Сообщение: Re: Query regarding Infinite Cache