Re: SELECT returnig a constant

От Geoff Winkless
Тема Re: SELECT returnig a constant
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 14:35, Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:

> On 15/10/2019 14:28, stan wrote:
> > I used to be able to return a constant value in a SELECT statement in
> > ORACLE. I need to populate a table for testing, and I was going to do so
> > like this:
> >
> > SELECT
> >          employee.id ,
> >               project.proj_no ,
> >               work_type.type  ,
> >               'rate' 1
> > FROM employee
> > CROSS JOIN project
> > CROSS JOIN work_type;
> >
> > This statement works correctly, till I add the last " 'rate' 1 line, then it
> > returns a syntax error.
>
> I don't think you can use a number as a column name. Give it a different
> name and it should work:

Well you can but only if you quote the column alias

SELECT
         employee.id ,
              project.proj_no ,
              work_type.type  ,
              'rate' "1"
FROM employee
CROSS JOIN project
CROSS JOIN work_type;

but I really wouldn't recommend it. That way madness lies.

Geoff

От: stan
Сообщение: Inserting multiple rows wtih a SELECt in the values clause
От: Andrew Gierth
Сообщение: Re: Inserting multiple rows wtih a SELECt in the values clause