Re: SELECT returnig a constant

От Michael Lewis
Тема Re: SELECT returnig a constant
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 8:25 AM Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> wrote:
On Tue, 15 Oct 2019 at 14:35, Ray O'Donnell <ray@rodonnell.ie> wrote:

> On 15/10/2019 14:28, stan wrote:
> > I used to be able to return a constant value in a SELECT statement in
> > ORACLE. I need to populate a table for testing, and I was going to do so
> > like this:
> >
> > SELECT
> >          employee.id ,
> >               project.proj_no ,
> >               work_type.type  ,
> >               'rate' 1
> > FROM employee
> > CROSS JOIN project
> > CROSS JOIN work_type;
> >
> > This statement works correctly, till I add the last " 'rate' 1 line, then it
> > returns a syntax error.

I would assume you have the value and the alias backwards and you want

SELECT 1 AS "rate"

Both the double quotes around the alias and the AS keyword are optional.

От: Moreno Andreo
Сообщение: Re: Pg11 -- MultiXactId xxxx has not been created yet -- apparentwraparound
От: David Gauthier
Сообщение: Securing records using linux grou permissions