Re: Upgrade from 9.5.4 to 9.6.1

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Upgrade from 9.5.4 to 9.6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 16 November 2016 at 16:33, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2016, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   If 9.6.1 is currently running after running initdb, and I can access my
> databases, what does pg_upgrade do that's necessary?

pg_upgrade migrates your databases from your old (9.5) cluster to the
new (9.6) one. Initdb doesn't do that.

If your 9.6 database does indeed contain your databases, then
something must have done the pg_upgrade for you. Perhaps the slackware
package script does something like that, but that would cause problems
for people who do _not_ want to migrate their databases, so I doubt
that's what happened.

What I think what happened is that you are using the new pg 9.6 psql
binary to list the databases in your old 9.5 cluster.

От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade from 9.5.4 to 9.6.1
От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: Upgrade from 9.5.4 to 9.6.1