Re: pgsql: Split out tiebreaker comparisons from comparetup_* functions

От John Naylor
Тема Re: pgsql: Split out tiebreaker comparisons from comparetup_* functions
Дата
Список pgsql-committers

On Fri, Aug 18, 2023 at 5:26 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hammerkop is getting OOM errors with this change. Most grand totals in the memory context stats show between 1 and 3 MB, and "tuplesort main" only shows small-ish requests, so not sure what's going on.
> >
> > That remains the only new failure in the buildfarm, and it just failed in the same way again. I'll try to figure out what could be the cause, but if I don't I'll revert within 24 hours.
>
> I don't know what's going on on that machine but those two failures
> seem different, and there are also now some failures in release
> branches that don't have your commit, so I'd wait long for more
> evidence...

Ah, I did check at least one back branch yesterday and didn't see any failures then. I see them now, thanks!

(FWIW, I've been looking for signs of memory malfeasance in the commit, and found nothing yet)

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Split out tiebreaker comparisons from comparetup_* functions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Split out tiebreaker comparisons from comparetup_* functions