Re: Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL

От Erik Brandsberg
Тема Re: Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
If the issue is about managed Azure PG replication and regions, you may want to setup a bastion PG host that you manage in the same region that is used to act as a coordination point.  Just an idea.  In general, I think this list is about PG specific issues, not about how to work around cloud specific implementations of security measures that may impact global implementations.  The same issues could apply for MySQL replication as well.  PG does have Java api integration, but cloud providers limit what can be done on their own implementations for security reasons.  These aren't PG issues, they are provider issues.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:43 AM aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Erik,
Sincere apologies. Maybe  I wasn't clear. We need to transfer data between Azure PostgreSQL to On Prem Open Source PostgreSQL and Azure PostgreSQL to on Prem Oracle. Azure PostgreSQL is not allowing outgoing traffic through DB Links outside the same region. That's where we are looking for API-like solutions.

Regards,
Aditya.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM Erik Brandsberg <erik@heimdalldata.com> wrote:
Honestly, what you are saying is that you aren't allowed to use a firecracker due to fire concerns, but is there a way to use dynamite instead.  If fdw isn't allowed, then callouts to other language environments shouldn't be allowed either.

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 12:28 AM aditya desai <admad123@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL? We need to transfer data between PostgreSQL and Oracle and oracle_fdw is not allowed due to security concerns in the environment. Also one of PostgresQL in Azure PostgreSQL and others are open source on prem.

Regards,
Aditya.

--
Erik Brandsberg
erik@heimdalldata.com

www.heimdalldata.com
+1 (866) 433-2824 x 700
AWS Competency Program

--
Erik Brandsberg
erik@heimdalldata.com

www.heimdalldata.com
+1 (866) 433-2824 x 700
AWS Competency Program

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: aditya desai
Сообщение: Re: Is there any way to invoke Java API from PostgreSQL
От: "intmail01@gmail.com"
Сообщение: How to revoke access and list schema objects