Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query

От Dilip Kumar
Тема Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 5:15 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 5:14 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 4:16 PM Bharath Rupireddy
> > <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm saying that -  currently, queries are logged with LOG level when
> > > the log_statement GUC is set. The queries might be sent to the
> > > non-superuser clients. So, your point of "sending the plan to those
> > > clients is not a good idea from a security perspective" gets violated
> > > right? Should the log level be changed(in the below code) from "LOG"
> > > to "LOG_SERVER_ONLY"? I think we can discuss this separately so as not
> > > to sidetrack the main feature.
> > >
> > >     /* Log immediately if dictated by log_statement */
> > >     if (check_log_statement(parsetree_list))
> > >     {
> > >         ereport(LOG,
> > >                 (errmsg("statement: %s", query_string),
> > >                  errhidestmt(true),
> > >                  errdetail_execute(parsetree_list)));
> > >

> > Yes, that was my exact point, that in this particular code log with
> > LOG_SERVER_ONLY.
> >
> > Like this.
> >      /* Log immediately if dictated by log_statement */
> >      if (check_log_statement(parsetree_list))
> >      {
> >          ereport(LOG_SERVER_ONLY,
>
> Agree, but let's discuss that in a separate thread.

Did not understand why separate thread? this is part of this thread
no? but anyways now everyone agreed that we will log with
LOG_SERVER_ONLY.

--
Regards,
Dilip Kumar

От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Logging plan of the running query
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: Teaching users how they can get the most out of HOT in Postgres 14