Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 10:33 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what to say here. I think it's unrealistic to believe
> that a very new API that has only 1 in-core user is going to be fully
> stable, or that we can know how it might evolve. I can understand why
> you and probably other people want that, but if somebody figures out a
> way to make some part of core significantly better and it requires
> changing that API, they're going to change the API, not give up on the
> idea.

I strongly agree. More generally, we need to decide what downsides
we're willing to live with.

What we have right now has little chance of failing. It also has
little chance of succeeding (except for something like zheap, which
can presumably get by with the heapam's idea of TID).

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Isaac Morland
Сообщение: Re: COPY table_name (single_column) FROM 'iso-8859-1.txt' DELIMITER E'\n'
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs