Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs
Дата
Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 1:13 PM Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> "In core" shouldn't matter. In fact, if it's in core, stability of the
> APIs is much less important.

I don't know what to say here. I think it's unrealistic to believe
that a very new API that has only 1 in-core user is going to be fully
stable, or that we can know how it might evolve. I can understand why
you and probably other people want that, but if somebody figures out a
way to make some part of core significantly better and it requires
changing that API, they're going to change the API, not give up on the
idea.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Chapman Flack
Сообщение: Re: COPY table_name (single_column) FROM 'iso-8859-1.txt' DELIMITER E'\n'
От: Isaac Morland
Сообщение: Re: COPY table_name (single_column) FROM 'iso-8859-1.txt' DELIMITER E'\n'