Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: New IndexAM API controlling index vacuum strategies
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 6:14 PM Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I think that's very good if we resolve this recycling stuff
> first then try the new approach to skip index vacuum in more cases.
> That way, even if the vacuum strategy stuff took a very long time to
> get committed over several major versions, we would not be affected by
> deleted nbtree page recycling problem (at least for built-in index
> AMs). Also, the approach of 6655a7299d8 itself is a good improvement
> and seems straightforward to me.

I'm glad that you emphasized this issue, because I came up with a
solution that turns out to not be very invasive. At the same time it
has unexpected advantages, liking improving amcheck coverage for
deleted pages.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: 64-bit XIDs in deleted nbtree pages
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pg_cryptohash_final possible out-of-bounds access (per Coverity)