Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command

От Yang Steve
Тема Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I am using PostgreSQL Version 15 now, however, archive_cleanup_command only triggered on standby box, not on primary. Is that expected as designing?

Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> 于2022年10月10日周一 04:33写道:
On Sat, 2022-10-08 at 08:51 -0400, Rita wrote:
> I have primary and standby replication setup.
>
> On my primary the archive directory is rather large (30GB) and growing. On my standby I have recovery.conf which has
> archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup -d /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/archive %r'
>
> I was under the impression this line would remove data from my primary AND standby. Is that not the case?

That depends on your PostgreSQL version, for instance.

Also, it depends on whether the standby server is running and actually recovering.
Finally, it depends on whether the standby can execute the command successfully or not.

Did you look at the standby's logs?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Shade Oyewole
Сообщение: Server loading forever
От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command