Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Fri, 2023-05-12 at 23:45 +1000, Yang Steve wrote:
> Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> 于2022年10月10日周一 04:33写道:
> > On Sat, 2022-10-08 at 08:51 -0400, Rita wrote:
> > > I have primary and standby replication setup.
> > >
> > > On my primary the archive directory is rather large (30GB) and growing. On my standby I have recovery.conf which
has
> > > archive_cleanup_command = 'pg_archivecleanup -d /var/lib/pgsql/11/data/archive %r'
> > >
> > > I was under the impression this line would remove data from my primary AND standby. Is that not the case?
> >
> > That depends on your PostgreSQL version, for instance.
> >
> > Also, it depends on whether the standby server is running and actually recovering.
> > Finally, it depends on whether the standby can execute the command successfully or not.
> >
> > Did you look at the standby's logs?
>
> I am using PostgreSQL Version 15 now, however, archive_cleanup_command only triggered on standby box, not on primary.
> Is that expected as designing?

Yes.  It is a recovery parameter, and they are only used if PostgreSQL is in recovery.
The parameter makes no sense unless you are recovering.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Yang Steve
Сообщение: Re: recovery.conf and archive_cleanup_command
От: sudham saka
Сообщение: Training courses on PostgreSQL