Re: Crash after changing pgAgent Jobs

От Dhiraj Chawla
Тема Re: Crash after changing pgAgent Jobs
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Günther,

I had a look at the issue and the case is reproducible to me also, but this happens only if do the following steps:

1. Open options dialog and in the UI Miscellaneous tab select 'Refresh object and children on click' for Refresh on click option.
2. Open the properties dialog of a job.
3. Select some other node on the object browser.
4. Then select again the job node.
5. The Message box with message  "There are properties dialogues open for one or more objects that would be refreshed. Please close the properties dialogues and try again.".

From the understanding that I got after reading your mail what happens in your case is as follows:

1. Open options dialog and in the UI Miscellaneous tab select 'Refresh object and children on click' for Refresh on click option.
2. Open the properties dialog of a job.
3. Uncheck the 'Enabled' the checkbox in the dialog.
4. Click OK button and the message box pop-up.

Well the same message box was not reproducible to me based on these steps.

If the first set of steps are true then according to the code the behavior is expected, because when we refresh a node or it's children, we re-construct their objects and the previous objects are deleted. If we do not keep this check then this might lead to crashes and segmentation faults as the dialogs tend to use the pre-constructed objects.

I am not sure if the text of the message box shown in this case is appropriate or not in context to the situation in which it gets pop-ed up.

Dave, Thoughts/Comments?

Thanks,

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM, <UNTERRAINER.Guenther@leitwind.com> wrote:
Hi Dhiraj, to this issue:

> One more behavior to the refresh-option below:
>
> If I just try to deactivate a Job on confirming I get the error-message:
> Cannot refresh browser
> There are properties dialogues open for one or more objects that would
> be refreshed. Please close the properties dialogues and try again.
>
> But I don't have any other dialogues open.

This happens if the refresh option in Options->UI Misellaneous->Refresh on click is set to
Refresh object and children on click

Sorry for my inaccurateness!
Günther

___________________________________
Günther Unterrainer
Wind Generators Projects & Service IT

LEITWIND AG - SpA
Brennerstraße 34 - Via Brennero, 34
I-39049 Sterzing - Vipiteno
Tel. +39 0472 722 443

http://www.leitwind.com

http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Possible performance bug in enumerating schema objects?
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Crash after changing pgAgent Jobs