Re: Pgbouncer

От Rajesh Kumar
Тема Re: Pgbouncer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I have already created postgres_fdw extension.  But I am getting error during pgbouncer extension.

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023, 17:47 Achilleas Mantzios - cloud, <a.mantzios@cloud.gatewaynet.com> wrote:

On 11/16/23 13:59, Erik Wienhold wrote:
On 2023-11-16 06:43 +0100, Rajesh Kumar wrote:
I am using postgres 15 in redhat openshift container. I am trying to
configure pgbouncer.

I want to know how to find in database whether the connections are from
pgbouncer or direct connections? Or, is there any other way to monitor in
this environment?
You can check column pg_stat_activity.client_addr if your pgbouncer and
the clients making direct connections are on different hosts.

Otherwise you can list pgbouncer's connections with SHOW SERVERS in the
admin console[1] and cross-check with pg_stat_activity.  Columns
local_addr and local_port of SHOW SERVERS matches client_addr and
client_port in pg_stat_activity.  The remaining connections in
pg_stat_activity should be from other clients and backends.

In addition to what Erik said, there is pgbouncer_fdw, which makes several pg_bouncer real time monitoring data available as foreign tables, so you can join pg_stat_activity with pgbouncer_servers
and draw conclusions.

[1] https://www.pgbouncer.org/usage.html#admin-console