Re: create index concurrently blocked by other query

От SOzcn
Тема Re: create index concurrently blocked by other query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can manage the index maintenance on the OS with Crontab if you want to make it concurrently.
If you only need index maintenance you can schedule it with pg_cron.

The only way to do this is to write a bash script in Linux and insert it with the loop. You can text the bash script for that.

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>, 23 Mar 2024 Cmt, 19:37 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
James Pang <jamespang886@gmail.com> writes:
>     PGv14, it's a time range partition table, we first create index ... on
> ONLY parent table and it's done very fast, then we are doing "create index
> concurrently ... on  each partition table", then we saw it blocked by some
> other sessopm  "select on other tables" , is it expected ?

Yes, read the documentation.  CONCURRENTLY avoids blocking other
transactions, at the cost of being easily blocked itself.

От: Keith
Сообщение: Re: PG_PARTMAN - Create Child With FillFactor
От: hubert depesz lubaczewski
Сообщение: Re: create index concurrently blocked by other query