Re: create index concurrently blocked by other query

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: create index concurrently blocked by other query
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 09:29:55PM +0800, James Pang wrote:
> Hi,
>     PGv14, it's a time range partition table, we first create index ... on
> ONLY parent table and it's done very fast, then we are doing "create index
> concurrently ... on  each partition table", then we saw it blocked by some
> other sessopm  "select on other tables" , is it expected ?

Yes. create index will continue its work as soon as all transactions
that are started than itself (the create index transaction) will end.

Best regards,

depesz

От: SOzcn
Сообщение: Re: create index concurrently blocked by other query
От: "Narendran .j"
Сообщение: Re: Ora2pg migration