Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters
Дата
Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters  (Jernej Simončič <jernej-s31+pg@simoncic.si>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tuesday, April 30, 2024, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

Bug reference:      18453
Logged by:          Jernej Simončič
Email address:      jernej-s31+pg@simoncic.si
PostgreSQL version: 16.2
Operating system:   Windows Server 2022

I've got a database named Lidar, which I want to exclude from being dumped
with pg_dumpall. When I use the following command, the database is not
skipped:

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\16\bin\pg_dumpall.exe"
--exclude-database="Lidar" -U postgres > D:\dumps\pg.dump

If I instead use --exclude-database="?idar", the database is skipped as
expected (using "lidar" instead of "Lidar" also doesn't skip the database).

There is no bug here.  The pattern specified doesn’t quote the identifier so it is folded to lowercase.

You will need to deal with getting quotes into the pattern while dealing with the fact your OS uses quotes for its own purpose.

David J.

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18305: Unexpected error: "WindowFunc not found in subplan target lists" triggered by subqueries
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18453: --exclude-database has problems with capital letters