Re: pg_upgrade doc uses inconsistent versions within the doc.

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: pg_upgrade doc uses inconsistent versions within the doc.
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Sep 26, 2023 at 10:35 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Mon, Sep 18, 2023 at 08:14:04PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/pgupgrade.html
>
> I feel like for readability the pg_upgrade doc should use the same
> old_version and new_version examples when showing examples throughout the
> doc page.
>
> as an exmaple I'm looking at :
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/pgupgrade.html
>
> in some places the example commands use v9.6 and v16. (see step 8)
>
> but in other places it mixes versions v9.5 and v9.6 (see step 11 sub step 8)

Good point.  I came up with the attached patch.  It uses 9.6 and current

I would get rid of any mentions of our old pre-v10 versioning scheme in the current documentation.

David J.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade doc uses inconsistent versions within the doc.
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: correct documentation in set role