Re: Data Packaging/Data Unpacking

От David G. Johnston
Тема Re: Data Packaging/Data Unpacking
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:57 PM, oleg yusim <olegyusim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Say, I got network package. The package was decrypted by OpenSSL. Where this
> data are, physically, at this moment?

Process-local memory for the PostgreSQL backend process associated
with the database connection.

> Opposite situation: we are about to send results of SELECT statement over
> the OpenSSL tunnel. Where are the data, physically, between the moment DB
> engine returned results for my query and moment the package was encrypted by
> OpenSSL?

Process-local memory for the PostgreSQL backend process associated
with the database connection.

​In other words (?) while OpenSSL may be a separate project the method of its use involves loading all relevant code into the process space​

​of PostgreSQL - specifically the process that was forked when the SSL client connection was established.

David J.​

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: WIP: CoC V5
От: Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Сообщение: Re: plpython3 package absent in 9.5 repository