Re: Condition pushdown: why (=) is pushed down into join, but BETWEEN or >= is not?

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Condition pushdown: why (=) is pushed down into join, but BETWEEN or >= is not?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi:

Thanks for take care of this.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 9:41 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2022-03-08 21:44:37 +0800, Andy Fan wrote:
> I have finished the PoC for planning timing improvement and joinrel rows
> estimation.

This currently crashes on cfbot:
https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/task/6158455839916032/logs/cores.log
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6158455839916032

The crash happens at my own Assert statement. I assume we know the Selectivity
for a RestrictInfo after set_rel_size, however  this is not true for foreign
table with use_remote_estimate=true. Since we are in a design discussion stage,
I just disable this feature for foreign tables and can fix it later. Would this be the
right way to go?

As this is clearly not 15 material, I've set the target version as 16. But it
might be good to just move the whole entry to the next CF...

Thanks for doing that.  I tried but didn't find how to move it to the next CF.

Here is the latest code. I have rebased the code with the latest master a1bc4d3590b.

--
Best Regards
Andy Fan

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: freeing bms explicitly
От: Yugo NAGATA
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] WIP aPatch: Pgbench Serialization and deadlock errors