Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache

От Palak Chaturvedi
Тема Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hey Nitin,
>Will
>there be a scenario where the buffer is dirty and its reference count
>is zero?
There might be a buffer that has been dirtied but is not pinned or
being used currently by a process. So checking the refcount and then
dirty buffers helps.
>First, The TryInvalidateBuffer() tries to flush the buffer if it is
dirty and then tries to invalidate it if it meets the requirement.
Instead of directly doing this can we provide an option to the caller
to mention whether to invalidate the dirty buffers or not.
Yes that can be implemented with a default value of force. Will
implement it in the next patch.

От: Alena Rybakina
Сообщение: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
От: Palak Chaturvedi
Сообщение: Re: Extension Enhancement: Buffer Invalidation in pg_buffercache