Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)

От John W Higgins
Тема Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 8:13 PM pabloa98 <pabloa98@gmail.com> wrote:

I hope I described the problem completely.

1) What is a group - does it exist prior to records being inserted? How many groups are you working with? How long do they live for?
2) #1 but for element
3) How many records per second per group per element are you anticipating? Are their spikes?
4) How long does a group/element live for? You can put 10 record per second over 3 years and still be under 100 million records (the size of your seq_number)
5) How quickly do you need the seq_number - if you batch created them once a minute would that work? Does it need to be quicker than that? Slower than that? Or is it an immediate need?

That's a starting point.....

John W Higgins

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Could postgres12 support millions of sequences? (like 10 million)