Re: postgres hot-standby questions.

От Scott Ribe
Тема Re: postgres hot-standby questions.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mar 26, 2015, at 10:40 AM, Graeme B. Bell <grb@skogoglandskap.no> wrote:

> I could be missing something obvious, but how does this stop e.g. checkpoints, autovacuum etc from occuring and
generatingnew wal that the standby might like? It seems like stopping services accessing the DB is likely to cause a
lengthyautovacuum to begin, for example.

OK, fair point. But do you care?

I care that all committed transactions are on the replica. I don't care if they're still in WAL or written to the
backingfiles. Actually, think about that question, you don't either--WAL gets copied to the replica, then moved to the
backingfiles. Checkpoints don't affect replication as far as I know. And autovacuum? Couldn't care less if its effects
arereplicated yet; when the replica becomes master, autovacuum will run on it.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: postgres hot-standby questions.
От: "Graeme B. Bell"
Сообщение: Re: postgres hot-standby questions.