Re: Postgres not getting logged in from command prompt

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Postgres not getting logged in from command prompt
Дата
Re: Postgres not getting logged in from command prompt  ("himanshu.joshi" <himanshu.joshi@orkash.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Himanshu Joshi wrote:
>         I am getting a below mentioned strange error while logging
into
> postgres from linux command prompt. It is working fine with
GUI(pgAdmin
> III). I am using postgres version 8.4SS.
> Himanshu
> # cd /opt/PostgresPlus/8.4SS/
> # bin/psql -Upostgres -p
> bin/psql: line 1: bzip2,: command not found
> bin/psql: line 3: usage:: command not found
> bin/psql: line 5: -h: command not found
> bin/psql: line 6: -d: command not found
> bin/psql: line 7: -z: command not found
> bin/psql: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> bin/psql: line 8: `   -k --keep           keep (don't delete) input
files'
> #
>
> I have already given the restart to postgres as well as the server
many
> times, but it didnt worked.
> Plz suggest any solution for that.

That looks like bin/psql is not an executable but a text file,
which it should not be.

How did you install PostgreSQL?  What is in that file and how
did it get there?

Maybe reinstalling the PostgreSQL software will help.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Himanshu Joshi
Сообщение: Postgres not getting logged in from command prompt
От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] UPDATE RULE to be invoked when UPDATE .. WHERE fails the WHERE predicate ?‏