BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments

От lalbin@fhcrc.org
Тема BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8257
Logged by:          Lloyd Albin
Email address:      lalbin@fhcrc.org
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
Operating system:   SUSE Linux (64-bit)

I have found the restore will fail when using pg_restore's -j option, with
more than one core, on a dump that contains a COMMENT INDEX.

I have tried this using both Postgres 9.0.12 & 9.2.4

I have created a test case that shows the problem.

Create a database called test_db.

CREATE DATABASE test_db
  WITH OWNER = postgres
    ENCODING = 'UTF8'
    TEMPLATE = template0;

Run this next section to add the table, index, and index comment to the
test_db database.

CREATE TABLE public.tbl_test (
  pkey TEXT NOT NULL,
  CONSTRAINT tbl_test_pkey PRIMARY KEY(pkey)
);

COMMENT ON INDEX public.tbl_test_pkey
IS 'Index Comment';

Once this test database is created, create a backup of the database.

pg_dump -Fc test_db > test_db.dump

Drop the test database and now lets restore it.

pg_restore -C -j 3 -d postgres -Fc test_db.dump

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 2525; 0 0 COMMENT INDEX
tbl_test_pkey postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
"tbl_test_pkey" does not exist
    Command was: COMMENT ON INDEX tbl_test_pkey IS 'Index Comment';

pg_restore: [archiver] worker process failed: exit code 1

If you use -j 1 or skip the -j option the restore will restore without any
errors.

Lloyd Albin
Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention (SCHARP)
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division (VIDD)
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC)

От: Ashesh Vashi
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8256: query screen on pgAdmin is show blank
От: Kristopher Kane
Сообщение: BUG #8238: duplicate of bug #6372 on panffs